International

Egypt confirms first coronavirus case, says affected person is a foreigner

Egypt confirmed on February 14 its first coronavirus case and said the affected person was a foreigner who had been put into isolation in hospital.

The health ministry said in a statement it had immediately informed the World Health Organization (WHO) and had taken all necessary preventative measures. It did not give the nationality of the affected person, or any other details.

WHO Egypt said on Twitter the person was carrying the virus, but had not shown any symptoms and was in a stable condition.

 
Source: thehindu.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *